Get your Canada Student Visa and Study Permit

With exceptional word-class facilities, studying in Canadian Universities and Colleges can help provide you with  top-notch educational qualifications and an enriching career. To study in Canada, you must acquire a Canada Student Visa.

In case program or course is less than six months in duration, you may be eligible to study without a study permit.

Benefits of Studying in Canada

  •  Canada counts on 21 of the best 500 universities in the world and 32 of the best 1000;
  •  Canada receives more than 130,000 international students that receive study visas for Canada each year;
  •  Canada offers the best study programs and is headquarters to some of the most important academic institutes and research facilities in the world;
  •  Students who are interested in learning English as a second language or that wish to qualify for permanent Canadian residency under the appropriate Canadian Immigration program, can also find out about test points for IELTS and CELPIC;
  •  The students interested in learning French as a second language or that wish to qualify for permanent Canadian residency under the appropriate Canadian Immigration program, can also find out about test points for DELF and TEF;
  •  There exists many post-high school programs (Universities, Institutes) appropriate for you in the areas of science, engineering, business and arts;
  •  You could soon be living and studying in Canada, within the best solid academic environment.

Eligibility requirements for a Canada Student Visa and Study Permit

  • The Canadian University or College must be recognized as a Designated Learning Institution with a valid DLI number
  • Your current financial status must be able to pay for tuition fees, living expenses and return transportation to home country once your course is complete
  • Ability to prove your intention to leave Canada within the authorised period of stay
  • Police Clearance Certificate from home country (if required)
  • Medical Examination (If required)

Do I need a Visa to enter Canada too?

If you come from a visa-exempt country (e.g. the United States) you will not require a separate Student Visa to enter Canada. You will only need a Study Permit which can be obtained at the nearest Visa Office or at the Port of Entry.

If you come from a country which requires an entry visa (e.g. India) you will have to secure both a Canada Student Visa and a  Study Permit.

Extend Your Study Permit

As an international student, if you want to renew your study permit, you should apply at least 30 days before the expiry date of your current status. Applying early allows you to remain in Canada under the same conditions of your current study permit until you receive a decision.

What can I do when my program has ended?

When your course ends it does not necessarily mean that your journey within Canada has ended. Under normal circumstances, the Canadian Government issues work permits after completion of your graduate or post graduate degree from a participating institution for up to 3 years. This helps outgoing students work towards earning valuable Canadian experience, paying off their education loans or even exploring the Canadian job market for permanent settlement.

For those wishing to remain in Canada and immigrate permanently, they can apply for immigration under a program known as Canadian Experience Class or Quebec Experience Class.

How can we help?

Our Consultants at Elohim Consulting can help you by:

  • Conducting a FREE Assessment and determining your eligibility for a Canada Study Permit
  • Suggest a customised action plan towards achieving your education goals in Canada
  • Facilitating the Student Visa and Study Permit Application Process

Planning to study in Canada? Interested in a Canada Student Visa and Study Permit?