Canadian Experience Class

The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration program designed to aid temporary foreign workers and international students who have at least one year of work experience in Canada to obtain Permanent Residency (PR).


  • Applicants must express their interest to permanently immigrate to Canada.
  • They must create an online Express Entry Profile
  • They must receive an Invitation to Apply from the Canadian Government for a PR before they can apply under the Canadian Experience Class Program

Minimum Eligibility Requirements

Candidates must:

  • Have minimum 1-year of skilled Canadian work experience (full-time or equivalent part-time)
  • Conform with language level requirements
  • Plan to live in any province except Quebec

Self-Employed experience is not considered valid skilled work experience under this program. Nor will any work experience gained without valid work authorization count as skilled work experience.

 International Students 

Since International students receive work permits upon completion of their studies, this program provides a quick and easy way to immigrate permanently in to Canada. In this case the applicant has already lived in Canada and has relevant Canadian experience. Students are required to have worked in Canada for a year after the completion of their course to apply for this class of immigration.

Note: Canadian experience Class is not applicable for those who wish to permanently settle in Quebec. However, education and work experience gathered in Quebec can be applied for Quebec program requirements.

What we can do for you

Our Consultants at Elohim Consulting Services can help you by:

  • Conducting a FREE Assessment and determining your eligibility for Express Entry
  • Creating your Express Entry Profile
  • Completing all Canadian Experience Class Visa Application formalities if you are invited to apply under any of the program

Want to know your immigration options? Take a FREE ASSESSMENT Click Here